Some third-party email apps require you to enter a single password for login credentials.
If you've activated 2-step verification for your AOL account, you'll need to generate and use an "app password" to access AOL Mail from these apps (you can read more about this here). Now generate this "app password" and then try starting the import using this newly generated password information to login:
1. Sign in and go to the AOL Account security page.
2. Click Generate app password. If this option doesn’t appear, you’ll need to enable 2-step verification.
3. Select the app you use from the drop-down menu.
4. Click Generate.
5. Follow the instructions provided to use the app password.
- Be sure to enter the password into your app without any spaces.
6. Click Done.
Once this is done, you are ready to import!