Simple Setup for Phones or Tablets When Migrating to Google Apps
Migrating to Google Apps in a BYOD environment? Getting up and running with Google Apps on mobile devices is easy. All it takes is just a few simple steps to begin syncing your mail, calendar and contact information from Google Apps.
Here are mobile setup instructions for most popular mobile device models - Android smartphones or tablets as well Apple smartphones or tablets.
Android Smartphone or Tablet Setup
(Android phones - e.g. Samsung/Motorola/HTC models; Android Tablets - e.g. Google/Asus/Samsung models)
1. From the Android Home screen, choose Settings.
2. In settings, scroll down to the Accounts section and choose “Add Account”.
3. Select “Google” as the type of service for the account.
4. Chose an existing account to set up.
5. Enter in the email address and password for your Google Apps account. Then, accept the Terms of Service.
6. You may be asked to setup Google Play billing information; you can choose “Not Now” to set that up later. There will be a screen that asks what services to sync to the mobile device; it’s fine to leave it with the default settings.
You’re all set! Remember, you can always modify your Google Apps account settings by choosing Google under your Accounts section in Settings.
Apple Smartphone or Tablet Setup
(iOS phones - e.g. iPhone 4/4s/5 models; iOS tablets - e.g. iPad 1/2/Mini models)
1. From the Apple Home screen, choose Settings.
2. In Settings, choose Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
3. Select “Add Account”.
4. The account type to select is “Exchange”.
5. Enter in the email address and password for your Google Apps account. Chose a name for the account to be displayed in Mail, Contacts and Calendars. Then, hit “Next” in the upper right corner of the screen.
6. Enter in the server name at the top as m.google.com. www.kindprotect.xyz Leave the domain name field blank, and hit “Next”.
7. Choose the Google Apps services you wish to sync with your mobile device.
8. Google Apps data will begin its synchronization right after you hit “Save”. You’re all set! Remember, you can always modify your Google Apps account settings by choosing the account name you set under the Mail, Contacts and Calendars section in Settings.
Note: It may take some time - sometimes up to an hour - for mail calendar and contact information to fully sync from Google Apps to mobile devices.
If you ever need assistance, please check out our Knowledge Base or reach out to us at email@example.com.