“The online world is increasingly turning to privacy-respecting e-mail providers, but no one wants to start from scratch. Migrating your old email and contacts is an essential step. The genius people of ShuttleCloud have turned this into a super-easy experience, facilitating freedom of choice and unlocking the chains of legacy Big Tech companies.”
StartMail needed to provide a quick and easy way for users to migrate their emails from their old provider to them.
StartMail is on a mission to empower people to take back their online privacy. With that in mind, they looked at SC to provide them with an Email Migration Portal that allows their customers to securely import their email data from legacy providers.
The user experience had to be in both English and German.
The communication between both teams was set-up via Slack and Google Hangouts allowing for a near synchronous feedback loop between engineering and product teams on both sides.
This allowed both teams to easily set-up a StartMail branded migration portal including features that helped adapt to StartMail’s user password policy.
Both teams worked together to get the whole experience translated to German
StartMail users can now:
- Import emails and contacts from providers from all over the world with just a few clicks
- Switch between English and German languages during the migration process
- Track their migration status
StartMail has also gained the ability to see valuable insights without sacrificing customer privacy, such as:
- How many customers have selected to import emails or contacts per customisable time frame.
- The average size of the mailbox and average number of contacts per address book
- Which email service users are leaving
- The average time of a migration